I am shooting a new short film (for national broadcast, and premiere at the ImagineNATIVE festival) which is an Inuit love story set in the 1950′s in an outpost camp near town. I have all my main actors, but am still looking to fill a few small parts. The shoot is coming up really soon (August 1-4) and so I’m kind of getting nervous about finding all my actors and set decoration in time!
Please contact me if you can help with any of the following things!:
- Two actors to play parents to Mary Buscemi.
I need a man and woman to play the mom and dad of my lead actor. Mary Buscemi is the woman playing the part, and her character is a mid-twenties woman, so I need people that could theoretically be her parents in the film. We are pretending this is the 1950′s, so I need a woman who probably has longer hair (I don’t think there were many short-haired women back then, but please let me know if I’m wrong – I’m not an expert on the 1950′s!). You don’t have to really look like Miali a whole lot, but of course if you do, it helps! The man can have short or long hair, doesn’t matter.
- Two actors around age 10, young girls to play younger versions of our two main female actors. If you know Mary Buscemi and Malaya Chapman and what they look like, please let me know if you know of two young girls that can play the child version of them. I really prefer if they have long black hair, but it’s OK if they don’t look a lot like them.
- I’m also looking for an actor to play an Anglican minister for a very small part (it’s a wedding ceremony in the film). Ideally this would be a qallunaaq who speaks Inuktitut! Preferably not too young.
- I am also looking for 2 or 3 boats that we can use in the film. 2 of them would just be on the beach in the background, we wouldn’t actually take them out on the water. But one of them we would be actually riding out in on camera. They should be sort of smaller boats with no cabins, and preferably smaller engines, although we could also just borrow a smaller engine to put on one of them if we have to. This is a very small local production with a small budget so I can afford to pay a small rental fee for the boats if necessary, but it would also be really cool if someone was just willing to lend us their boat for a few hours. We have insurance, so if anything happened to damage the equipment, costs would be covered.
- We will also need a bit of help to decorate the set, so I”ll be looking to borrow a few qulliqs, if anyone has a really old school oil lamp or gas stove that would be amazing, a few tartan (plaid) blankets, 1950′s style flowery house dresses, a couple pairs of kamiks (iqaqtiit – no hair), a pair of hip waders, captain style hat, etc) and any other cool costume items or decorations for the inside of a tent. If you want to help out setting this up and to give advice, please let us know.
If you can help with any of the above items, please please don’t be shy to contact us at alethea (at) alethea (dot) ca and someone will be in touch with you ASAP.